Today is time for a little fun hosted by Emily R. King and Tammy Theriault. They've hired David Spade to ask us some off-the-wall questions that us writers would never have thought of. Thanks David for channeling your 90's SNL side especially for this blogfest.
Without further ado, here are the questions.
1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten? One. The speed limit had just changed from 75 to 65 and the cop was sitting right at the border. It cost me $85 bucks. Now I always slow down at that speed change, but it irks me every time.
2. Can you pitch a tent? (I'm going to answer this question without the insinuations. David you have such a dirty mind!) Believe it or not my dad is Mr. Outdoors man, figuratively. He founded what is fondly known as the Moab MUni fest. If you live in Utah you already know that Moab is the go to place for mountain bikers. But what about unicyclers? Yes, you heard me right, my dad started an event to have people mountain unicycle (MUni) in Moab. He doesn't host it anymore, but people still come. Therefore the short answer to this question is yes.
3. What was your worst vacation ever? My worst vacation ever was also my best vacation ever. My dad, Mr. Outdoors man, wanted us kids to witness a true total eclipse. So we packed up our trooper in 1991 and headed to La Paz, Mexico. When we reached Beaver, UT my mom fell asleep at the wheel and rolled our car three times. My six month old brother wasn't buckled in (my dad was holding him) and somehow we all survived. What did we do when we got home? Packed into a station wagon with no air conditioning and drove to Mexico anyway. I could talk about this trip for hours but I'll summarize by saying it included accidentally catching a squid, combating rats, killing cockroaches, and camping on the lawn of an expensive hotel. And yes, we saw the eclipse, and it was awesome.
4. What was the last thing you bought over $100? I'm pretty cheap so I rarely spend more than that, but recently we bought an Ooma phone (home phone that's free with high speed internet) and we got 4 phones with it for $200. Exciting, I know.
5. We're handing you the keys to what? There's a lot of things I'd like to be handed the keys to, but dreaming about them makes me depressed, so I'm going with "No Comment."
6. What was the last meal you cooked that made even you sick? I pride myself on being a pretty dang good chef! But when I was first married I had no clue what I was doing. I made a lasagna one day and I didn't boil the noodles (which is possible, I just didn't do it right.) Then I forgot to turn the oven off before going to work, luckily my husband came home an hour after I left. You know that Turkey in the movie Christmas Vacation? Yeah, it had nothing on this lasagna.
7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like ____? Two beach balls are static clinging to the inside of her pants.
8. What was your first car? My parents were cheap too, we never had a nice car. The first car I purchased at 17 was a 1986 Subaru GL. Before that, (and sometimes after) I drove a 1983 Chevy Suburban, diesel. That thing was a beast!
9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first? My husband's my best friend so I would ask him if he's okay. But I guarantee if I was hanging out with any of you guys, I would laugh.
10. What's the worst song ever? Besides Rebbecca Black's Friday? Probably Nicole Westbrook's It's Thanksgiving. *shudders*
There you have it folks. Now you know some crazy stuff about me. I'm off to hop around!