It's that time of year, the time you look back at what you've accomplished and look forward to the future. I can't believe how much has happened this year and how quickly it's all flown by.
Blogging is great becasue you can look back at your old posts and remember your mindset when the new year started.
I remember making a list of goals at the beginning of this year, knowing full well I might not stick to them or that life would change. I didn't expect to be living in Texas. Just goes to show how much time warps perception.
Looking back, some of my goals seem laughable, but they were important to me at the time. Still, most of what I set out to do I accomplished. Let's look back on them, shall we?
1. Finish writing my current unnamed YA romance novel. It's called What Not to Do When You're Falling in Love, and I'm pretty sure I finished it last January.
2. Polish Stealing the Stars, My NaNo novel. HA! That's hilarious! I never did anything with that novel. I tried to write it again, and failed. Boo.
3. Give my first oral pitch at a writers conference. Did it! Twice! I feel awesome for having done it, even though nothing came of either pitch.
4. Polish said YA romance novel. Um, yeah. That's the novel I pitched. Still querying...
5. Self-Publish a Christmas Anthology that will feature some of my awesome blogging buddies. This is the big one that I'm really super duper proud of. It was a lot of work, and we had a last minute addition to the team, but The Spirit of Christmas came out excellent. I even got my print copy in the mail the other day and I read my story again. It's the first time I can really say I'm proud of something that's been published. It gives me hope that I can have an actual writing career someday. So happy about that one :)
6. Try to write three books. I'm writing #3 right now. I have a couple weeks left. I can finish it if I just sit down and actually write, haha.
What's in store for next year? I'm not really sure yet. I plan on writing out those goals in January. I can only hope next year will be as awesome as this year has been.